To strengthen our Editorial team, we are looking for recent graduates eager to use both their technical skills and editing passion. Once accepted for publication, articles must be prepared to company and industry standards in PDF, XML and HTML formats. The position of Production Assistant is a full-time position based in Bucharest, Romania.
As Production Assistant you will:
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals with copy-editing
- Work with Word, LaTeX and XML for documents’ conversion
- Work independently and to short deadlines so the papers published meet the high standards of presentation expected by authors and editors
- Format the English scientific manuscript (Word or LaTeX files) to ensure that the format meets the publishing requirements;
- Convert Word or LaTeX files to XML files
- Convert XML file to new LaTeX file, to ensure that a new PDF file can be generated in high quality
- Communicate with the editors to ensure the correct format in which the papers will be published
- Publish the papers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any field
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, LaTeX and basic computer programming skills are considered an advantage
- Strong English skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to details, critical thinking
- Being well-organized and able to manage short deadlines
A pioneer in scholarly Open Access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 300 diverse, peer-reviewed, Open Access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America (Canada). We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects as key themes in many journals, as well as through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
MDPI Romania was opened in 2019 with a first office and headquarters in Cluj-Napoca. Its impressive growth has led to the inauguration of a second office, in Bucharest, in late 2020. With a growing team of over 400 young people, we’re witnessing a continuous development both of our people and services.