Our international Marketing Team is getting bigger. We are looking for a highly organized and creative Marketing Specialist to provide support and coordinate conference materials and logistics for journal conferences in Europe, as well as marketing-related events in our local offices. This role is a full-time one based in Cluj or Bucharest, Romania.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Coordinate with external vendors (such as print shops) to procure flyers, business cards, and materials for conferences that editorial staff will attend.
- Ensure the stock of conference materials in the office and that conference attendees have all the appropriate items.
- Coordinate with Journal Marketing Assistants to ensure that correct and complete information is provided to conference attendees.
- Work closely with the international Marketing Team in Europe
- Work with the internal marketing, design, and journal teams to check the contents of flyers and conference materials.
- When available, support office-based marketing-related activities (i.e., newsletter, employee engagement, social media).
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Degree in Marketing, Communication, PR or related is considered a plus
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent creative problem solving skills
- Great team player
What we will offer you:
- A dynamic and challenging intercultural work environment
- Private health insurance covering medical centres around the country
- Meal tickets card
- Gifts on special occasions
- Different discounts (e.g., Books Express, Maze Centre of Psychology)
- Flexible working hours in the limits of a full-time job
- Team buildings and team events
- Professional development opportunities
- Growth opportunities within an international team
- The Most Helpful Team!
A pioneer in scholarly Open Access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 300 diverse, peer-reviewed, Open Access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America (Canada). We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects as key themes in many journals, as well as through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
MDPI Romania was opened in 2019 with a first office and headquarters in Cluj-Napoca. Its impressive growth has led to the inauguration of a second office, in Bucharest, in late 2020. With a growing team of over 400 young people, we’re witnessing a continuous development both of our people and services.