IT Security Engineer (M365)
To strengthen our IT Support team, we are looking for an experienced IT Security Engineer who will take care of the onsite administration of various network components, for example firewalls, routers, and switches, as well as be invested in the planning, installing, and administering of M365 security features. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Cluj, Romania.
- Maintaining and optimizing IT, network security, and backup systems based on service requirements
- Planning, installing, and administering M365 security features
- Collaborating with development teams in order to optimize system implementation according to service requirements
- Investigating problematic and defective states to identify root causes and provide the optimal possible solutions
- Taking care of the administration of network components like firewalls, routers, and switches
- Providing support and solutions to IT users (L2/L3 tier)
- Ability to perform basic tasks on Linux servers, e.g., deployment of applications and configuration management
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Know-how in installing, administering, and troubleshooting security solutions
- Good knowledge of IT security, investigating incidents, patching vulnerabilities, and backup management
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 security features such as the Defender suite, Intune, and conditional access
- Experience with the ticketing system L2/L3 and troubleshooting operational issues while keeping in mind the overall system operation
- Experience with standard open-source applications like databases, application servers, load balancers, and proxies
- Recognized certification in IT security would be an asset
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Able to work independently and proactively
What we will offer you:
- An annual gross salary between 33,000-48,800 EUR
- An intercultural experience
- Private health insurance covering medical centres around the country
- Meal tickets card (30 RON/ticket/worked day)
- Gifts on special occasions
- Different discounts (e.g., Books Express, Maze Centre of Psychology, floating therapy, gym discounts)
- Flexible working hours in the limits of a full-time job
- Team buildings and team events
- Professional development opportunities
- Growth opportunities within an international team
- The Most Helpful Team!
Perks of Working with Us
Making Connections in the Academic Community Worldwide
Attending International Conferences
Plenty of Growth Opportunities
Chill Corner and Great Coffee in the Office
Private Health Insurance
40% Discount to Maze Center of Psychology
Meal Tickets Card
Gifts on Special Occasions
The Most Helpful Team!
We are a young and dynamic team, sharing common interests and open-minded personalities. We are able to learn from each of our different traits and fields of expertise and, together, support the scientific community by publishing the latest research in high-quality open access sources.
About MDPI Romania
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
IT Security Engineer (M365)
Loading application form