We are seeking recent graduates keen on staying connected to the scientific research in their areas of expertise by assisting worldwide academics in publishing their latest work in (our) peer-reviewed Open Access journals.
As an Assistant Editor at MDPI, you will be responsible for coordinating the editorial process and meticulously processing manuscripts from submission until publication.
Successful candidates will have solid skills in organization and time management, as well as relevant degrees in Life Sciences, Chemistry or Medicine.
Our job openings for Assistant Editors in Romania are full-time, office based positions, in both Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest.
As an Assistant Editor you will:
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals centered on your domain of expertise
- Organize peer-review evaluations for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
- Be in charge of formatting manuscripts according to our in-house standards
- Handle e-mail communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial and production teams
- Ensure that scholarly articles are thoroughly edited and published, according to tight deadlines and with a high degree of consistency
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in the above-mentioned subjects (it is preferred Master's or above)
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Professional experience with scholarship publishing is an advantage, but not a requirement
A pioneer in scholarly Open Access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 300 diverse, peer-reviewed, Open Access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America (Canada). We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects as key themes in many journals, as well as through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
MDPI Romania was opened in 2019 with a first office and headquarters in Cluj-Napoca. Its impressive growth has led to the inauguration of a second office, in Bucharest, in late 2020. With a growing team of over 400 young people, we’re witnessing a continuous development both of our people and services.