Production Assistant in Cluj
To strengthen our Editorial team, we are looking for recent graduates eager to use both their technical skills and editing passion. Once accepted for publication, articles must be prepared to company and industry standards in PDF, XML and HTML formats. The position of Production Assistant is a full-time position based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
As Production Assistant you will:
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals with copy-editing
- Work with Word, LaTeX and XML for documents’ conversion
- Work independently and to short deadlines so the papers published meet the high standards of presentation expected by authors and editors
- Format the English scientific manuscript (Word or LaTeX files) to ensure that the format meets the publishing requirements;
- Convert Word or LaTeX files to XML files
- Convert XML file to new LaTeX file, to ensure that a new PDF file can be generated in high quality
- Communicate with the editors to ensure the correct format in which the papers will be published
- Publish the papers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any field
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, LaTeX and basic computer programming skills are considered an advantage
- Strong English skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to details, critical thinking
- Being well-organized and able to manage short deadlines
A pioneer in scholarly Open Access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 300 diverse, peer-reviewed, Open Access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America (Canada). We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects as key themes in many journals, as well as through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
MDPI Romania was opened in 2019 with a first office and headquarters in Cluj-Napoca. Its impressive growth has led to the inauguration of a second office, in Bucharest, in late 2020. With a growing team of over 400 young people, we’re witnessing a continuous development both of our people and services
Perks of Working with Us
Making Connections in the Academic Community Worldwide
Attending International Conferences
Plenty of Growth Opportunities
Chill Corner and Great Coffee in the Office
Private Health Insurance
40% Discount to Maze Center of Psychology
Meal Tickets Card
Gifts on Special Occasions
The Most Helpful Team!
We are a young and dynamic team, sharing common interests and open-minded personalities. We are able to learn from each of our different traits and fields of expertise and, together, support the scientific community by publishing the latest research in high-quality open access sources.
About MDPI Romania
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
Production Assistant in Cluj
Loading application form